By: TwitterButtons.com
By TwitterButtons.com

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Elements and Principles Books by BookCreator

My first adventure using the BookCreator app 

has been an interesting one. I had my students research the Elements and Principles of Art, then create a piece of art that showcases that understanding. 

Repetition_and_Shape_by_Erik.pdf Download this file
They would then import that file into the Book Creator app, I asked that they explain their understanding of their art and tell me which Element of Art and which Principle of Design they used

Czapp_About_Me!!!!!.pdf Download this file
Along with writing about their art, I also asked them to make an attractive cover - as if I were shopping in a book store why would I stop to look at their book?

Skyler's_Art.pdf Download this file
I also asked the students to include their autobiography in the book, just like the back of many published novels showcase

alex_My_favorite_ways_to_make_art_autobiography.pdf Download this file
They could export their work as a PDF and share it with other apps (I used Dropbox) and dump it into iBooks. I am currently working on trying to find the easiest way to combine books per iPad and then export them to the iBooks store

HIstory_of_randy.pdf Download this file
Some other neat features with the app is inserting hyperlinks to photos and music. If only my iPads weren't synced through Configurator, the kids could make music in Garageband as soundtracks. Instead, we were limited to clickable audio tracks, which is still pretty neat

Tevin_My_Great_Adventure_with_my_life.pdf Download this file

No comments:

Post a Comment