By: TwitterButtons.com
By TwitterButtons.com

Friday, August 16, 2013

Digital storytelling tools : GoAnimate Guest blog post

Digital storytelling tools : GoAnimate for Schools


Digital storytelling tools are one of the essential things I do in my class. Luckily, I received a plug from Sean Junkins I was recently asked to be a guest blogger for GoAnimate



digital storytelling tools guest post

Click the pic for my guest post



Digital Storytelling Tool GoAnimate to Touch Lives sample….



I wanted to do something for my schoolthat would make a difference.


We recently became a PBIS school (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports). We knew there were areas for improvements with regards to the students’ behavior, such as respect, and what respect looks like. I wanted my students to help out by creating Public Service Announcements to play on the school’s closed TV network and advertise these positive behaviors……



Digital Storytelling Tools : Using Animation


I went to school for animation, and I have always been passionate about it as a digital storytelling tool in my classroom. Not to mention just my classroom, but others. But before my guest blog on GoAnimate I used other types of animation in my classroom.


One of my favorite tools that I have used has to be Animation Creator as a digital storytelling tool. Another would be using the webcam of the netbook computers. Webcam Motion was used for the kids to change their Edmodo avatars. LooGix was another way for them to make animated gifs. But see how I used animation as an anti-bullying tool:


@GoAnimate for Schools #Animation for Respect, #AntiBullying and Co-operation PSA’s #studentfilms #artsed


Digital Storytelling Tools : My Writing and Media


To check out my ultimate collection of digital storytelling tool resources, check out my post How to make Animations with @scratchteam and other animation resources. You can also see some of the works of animation that the students made with the digital storytelling tool, Scratch:



I have also written extensively on Creating Animation on an Ipod or Open Source Programs


Digital Storytelling Tools : Your Thoughts


How have you used Digital Storytelling Tools in your class? Type your comments below


 



Digital storytelling tools : GoAnimate Guest blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment